XelaG Quality Bots
The Xelagot is my first SDK bot for Active Worlds. Since it's first appearence in 1999, it's software has been heavily refined and modified, from a simple 2.0 bot to a full fledged multi-purpose bot. A lot of effort has been dedicated in these years to develop this software. Even so, it is freeware and will remain so. Version 3.614 (AW 3.6 SDK build 41) does not expire (well, it does on January 19th, 2038, when the unix time units overflow). Help files are available online. E-mail me (serious) bug reports through this link, and comments and suggestions through this link. Before downloading, please read the sections below.
Note: Please do not ask me questions about the bot through AW telegrams, they will not be answered. Send me an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can activate your favourite mailer from the xelagot's menu Help | Online | Email to contact me. Before asking questions, read the notices on the download page (especially if the chat files are not working), What's New for changes and the Help files for general and specific information.
PK, GK and World owners: please report any serious incidents with a Xelagot, stating its Xelagot code, or the name of the bot and the citizen number of the owner. Please note:
- A Xelagot will allways whisper a greeting to other bots using its Xelagot code.
- A PS can obtain the citizen name and number of the bot's owner by asking it to report. The bot will always answer in whisper. Do do this, supposing the bot is called [Pal], the PS says aloud:
If the PS says aloud:
without mentioning the name of the bot, this will trigger off an answer from all xelagots in the neighbourhood
If the PS is not a bot, he/she may also issue this command through whisper, provided his/her real citizen number (not the privilege) is listed as PS in the world list and the bot has identified the PS (it will if it is a xelagot if you whisper something to it first, wait till identification has occured, and then proceed).
Describe the incident briefly, stating universe, world and place, your name, citizen number and acting powers (PK, PS etc) and your complaint. You must give a verifiable e-mail address. Please report through this link, or to email@example.com with subject "xelagot incident report".
Xelagot is a program containing 3 companion bots, offering:
- customisable login selector for different Profiles and Universes
- AW Browser tracking for when you change worlds or universes (if bot is following you)
- log to file options (up to 3 files per bot)
- Chat log
- Technical log
- Chat and Tecnical log
- arrival alert (sound, whisper)
- world-attributes, editable by Caretakers
- access to the world ejection database (world server build 23 or higher), by Caretakers
- chatbox interface, including chat and whisper
- presence list, with avatar attributes, search and eject option (pop-up menu)
- worlds list
- teleport list, importable from your aw browser, with trans universe teleports.
- permanence of settings per bot and world (avatar, gesture and follow)
- contact list per bot-name, presently only allows customised greetings
- avatar maps (top view and frontal) with motion keys, avatar click and chat line
- verbal commands through AW browser or GUI. These include:
- full movement, gesture and avatar control
- follow and join commands, including browser tracking
- seed objects
- disk-jockey commands
- load and execute scripts
- optional safeguard against entry in forbidden gz areas
- Walk (straight), Blimp (elliptical) and Random movement options
- DJ abilities (verbal and script control)
- Property survey abilities
- survey areas of a world
- create, manipulate, save and load projects
- build and delete objects using a project
- DJ.EXE, which allows you to make lists of midis for the bot to play, and as an extra, can produce a customised HamBot DJ script!
- Automatic ejection of listed citizens (file option)
- Warning when certain words are said (file option)
- SMTP Email client for short e-mail messages (also through scripting)
- Sever/client software for bot-communication (mainly through scripting)
- SQL connectivity (through scripting)
- Scripts require some programming skills to make, none at all to use!
- Scripts allow you to plan and organise certain activities, complementing and enhancing the bot's capabilities. They are not needed to run the bot.
- These scripts are loaded on the fly, no need to restart the bot
- They have: numeric, string, date-time, location, person, object variables and string-lists, and the corresponding operations.
- Math operations include trigonometry, hyperbolic functions, logarithms, random functions, vectors and matrices
- Goto, Gosub statements
- Conditional statements
- Subroutines, event-handlers, multiple-line text fields
- World attributes (backdrop, colour, ground, etc)
- Movement, avatar, gesture, say, whisper control, say/whisper multi-line texts (speeches), eject
- They respond to events (event-trapping), including click detection, interact with avatars
- Position detection in/out of definable areas
- Load and save data as text files, including property-projects
- Scan for objects, build, destroy and modify them, play music, push url (caretaker only)
- They can be run automatically on loading, and concatenate with other scripts
- Statements to use the built-in SMTP Mailer for sending e-mails
- Statements to use the built-in Server/Client software
- Statements to connect to SQL servers
- Chess and Checkers unit accessible by script ststements.
- Scripting is being enhanced daily with new features!
Xelagot is copyright (c) 1999-2003 of Alex Grigny de Castro (XelaG), me, and all copies of Xelagot remain my legal property.
The aw.dll SDK is property of ActiveWorlds Corp.
You may not rename, reverse-engineer or alter the code of x1.exe (Xelagot) nor modify the copyright notices in any of its files.
Any attempt to present a bot as being a Xelagot without my explicit consent will be treated as forgery.
You may not use Xelagot after the expiration date mentioned in the menu Help item About, if an expiration date is mentioned.
Disclaimer and limitations
I, XelaG, am not responsible or accountable for any damage or loss resulting from possessing or using Xelagot or any of my products.
I guarantee that no code has been included in original versions of Xelagot aimed at damaging your system or infringing your rights to privacy, and that my programs have no back-door.
I retain the right to deny usage of my programs to people or institutions. In particular, infringement of ActiveWorlds rules - as long as they remain within the bounds of fairness and honesty - may lead to such a denial.
System requirements and download
- Windows 95, 98, NT4, 2000 or XP
- InternetExplorer 4 or higher (wininet.dll is used)
- a lot of memory and disk space, LOL
- a brain or any working substitute, respect for others and citizenship of a VR universe supporting the ActiveWorlds SDK
- Firstly, to COF/AWLD for providing the Active Worlds SDK, and especially to Roland Vilett for his patience in elucidating many aspects of the SDK in the newsgroups.
- To HamFon for his Hambots. They fascinated me when I first joined ActiveWorlds and inspired me to create my own bots.
- To the participants of the Active Worlds newsgroup dedicated to the SDK. Here my special gratitude goes to Canopus, who showed me the first steps in Delphi programming and provided the Delphi translation of the SDK, countless tips and long hours of dedication.
- Thanks to Walter aka Faber and Ima Genius for their tips and help, and to Ima for allowing me to use awgames for testing the bot.
- To the Amigos Group in the Netherlands and in Argentina. Special thanks to AMD for his help and suggestions, and to BCat and Athom.
- Also the 'newcomer' to the bot-creation world: Magine and her wonderful Magsbot. Thanks for your advice and for sharing experiences :)
Alpha and Beta Testing
To my alpha and beta-testers ^^SD^^ 286922, Gwn/Turbulence 224612, 00RUSS 288696, T i m 297065, Rick56 296107, Abbot Pabisoko 279098, Who 230147 and a few others:
- For her artistic contributions (the small faces in the chatbox) and exhaustive beta-testing, thanks to ^^SD^^ and her dragons.
- Turbulence alpha and beta tested the Survey Manager at the 11th hour, and is still active. Merci.
- 00RUSS keeps popping up, bombarding me with questions - mostly about hammies! Thanks too :o)~
- to the early beta testers: T i m, Rick56, Abbot Pabisoko
- Thanks, too, to the later beta-testers and bug-hunters: Hal9000, Who (world in AW: Ameret), Cosmic Truth, Talian, XTC and NXS, Geordi, Brant ... and all those I forgot :)
Brilliant Ideas, Good Tips
Honours: Link Kokiri 294496.
This program would not have seen the light of day without the cooperation of all these, and more, people. Thanks to all!
Fang Club Comments
||<yawn> Yet more wasted effort that could've been more wisely, efficiently used towards an existing bot instead of redoing most of what was already done. Gee, you programmers must be sado masochists or something. Ever heard of the concept of cooperation? Try it.